- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Fixed a bug that could cause EGL applications to crash when calling eglInitialize() multiple times on X11-backed displays.
- Fixed a regression that could cause rendering corruption on a monitor connected via DisplayPort upon a modeset event (for example, changing resolutions or power cycling the monitor).
- Updated the display configuration page in the nvidia-settings control panel to accurately reflect HDMI 3D refresh rates.
- Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL applications to crash when VT switching between multiple X servers.
- Fixed a bug that caused the system to become unresponsive after resuming from power management suspend/hibernate. Additional symptoms of this bug included display flickering and "Xid 56" errors in the kernel log.
- Fixed a bug that caused backlight brightness to not be controllable on some notebooks with DisplayPort internal panels.
- Fixed a bug that left HDMI and DisplayPort audio muted after a framebuffer console mode was restored. For some displays, this caused the display to remain blank.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio over DisplayPort to stop working when the monitor was unplugged and plugged back in or awoken from DPMS power-saving mode.
- Restored support for the following GPU:
- Fixed a regression that caused corruption in certain applications, such as window border shadows in Unity, after resuming from suspend.
- Installation of the nvidia-drm kernel module is now optional. The new '--no-drm' option can be used to prevent nvidia-installer from building and installing nvidia-drm, on systems where this kernel module fails to build and/or load.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some applications to crash when running with PRIME Sync.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PRIME Sync from working on notebooks with GeForce GTX 4xx and 5xx series GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL apps to have excessive CPU usage when running with PRIME Sync but without native displays enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PRIME Sync to deadlock in the kernel, particularly common on Linux 4.10.
- Fixed a bug that caused PRIME Sync to run slowly on systems with Pascal GPUs.