- Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to confirm successful assignment of string attributes. This makes the behavior more consistent with other types of attribute assignments.
- Increased the maximum limit on concurrent OpenGL contexts. This limit was previously constrained by a fixed-size internal driver resource, and is now constrained by available system memory.
- Applications that exceed the maximum limit on concurrent OpenGL contexts will now receive a BadAlloc X error rather than crashing.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash upon shutdown with some configurations using GPU screens.
- Fixed a bug that could cause rendering errors when displaying scaled MetaModes using the "Nearest" resampling method.
- Fixed a bug that could cause NvFBC's "direct capture" to crash the X server when certain GLX calls are made during a capture.
- NvFBC's "direct capture" mode no longer causes flipping to be disabled for applications being captured. G-SYNC can now also be used simultaneously with NvFBC direct capture.
- Enabled the NVIDIA driver, by default, to attempt to initialize SLI when using GPUs with different amounts of video memory. Previously, this was only available when bit 1 was set in the "Coolbits" X config option.
- Updated GPU fan control to be available by default in nvidia-settings and NV-CONTROL, for GPU boards that support programmable fan control. Previously, this was only available when bit 2 was set in the "Coolbits" X config option.
- Added gsp.bin firmware file which is used to offload the GPU initialization and management tasks on some GPUs. See the "GSP Firmware" chapter in the README for more information.