Release 396 is a Quadro New Feature (QNF) driver. QNF drivers provide users the flexibility to try new features made available outside the launch cycle of longer-lived Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE) branches. QNF drivers are tested for workstation environments and are recommended only for those users who need specific features mentioned in the release highlights or release notes.
For the most stable and fully supported enterprise driver please use the ODE graphics drivers downloadable from the main NVIDIA driver download page.New in Release R396 U2
- Added Support for CUDA 9.2.
Open Issues in Release R396 U2
- This release branch is targeted towards early adopters of Windows 10 April 2018 Update. General deployment is recommended with the next Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE) release.
- [Assimilate Scratch]: The application may crash due to a kernel exception in the NVIDIA OpenGL driver.
If you encounter this issue, roll back the driver to version 385.90, or disable Deep Color within the application as follows:
From the startup screen choose System Settings.
- In the System Settings Dialog, choose the Advanced tab.
- From the list (under Graphics) select “OpenGL: Disable ‘deep color’.
- Click the Boolean button to turn the setting on.
- [Quadro M6000][Quadro Sync]: Unexpected flashing may appear on the display connected to the second GPU.
Please consult your NVIDIA support team for details on resolving this behavior.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic]: The secondary GPU does not render video content when played from the Chrome browser in full-screen mode.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic][Quadro Sync]: Application corruption and possible blue-screen crash occurs when enabling WARP while Mosaic and Quadro Sync are enabled.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here